Sunday, March 15, 2009

Singapore Trip!

I have just made a recent trip to Singapore! Actually, the main agenda of my trip is to meet up with a few close friends who have been living in Singapore. It has been a good trip and did a lot of traveling by myself.

My mom and sister had always loved to travel down to Singapore because they have a lot of good shopping district..(its true until I went there by myself and explored it) Everything is really convenient where you can get everywhere by MRT(singapore’s subway/train system)









When I first got out from the airport, my friend brought me to Bugis, which is the main shopping district where many teenagers like to go. Its really nice! So many cool brands and stuff I have never seen in Malaysia and so. I visited a couple more shopping center like Marina Square, Vivo city(Habour Front), Takashimaya and Paragon.

Bugis Street

Besides than the window shopping.. I did visit a few popular destinations of Singapore including the Fullerton Hotel, Singapore River .. Esplanade Singapore(Singapore’s Opera House). I did not visit Merlion(Singapore’s Icon) because I was told by my friend that it was struck by lighting and current is under construction.. Too Bad, but I will save that for another trip!

Singapore Esplanade
Singapore River

My friend sort of laughed when she heard I visited a museum.. which I think there is nothing wrong with that. Haha. I went to Asian Civilization Museum and it is just across Fullerton Hotel.( just happened that it was there..so I went!) I was hoping to see Kangxi’s exhibition, but it’s not ready for visitors yet.. What a bummer! If you are a foreign visitor and liked South East Asian’s culture, this is a pretty good museum. It’s not that big but good for a start. The admission fee is only SD$5.


Above: Bakerzin, a Singaporean chain restaurant which serves really good dessert- Lavande and Sweet Pleasure, are worth a try for chocolate lovers!
Below: Mos Burger, a Japanese Fast food chain which is popular in Singapore, where they have Rice Burger which subtitube the buns with rice patties, and or course japanese fusion flavours.


I might go back to Singapore for an weekend get off trip and I prefer short trips like this.. =) I miss the dessert in Bakerzin already!

No comments:

Post a Comment